1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Macaroni
4 Tbsp Plain Flour
2 ½ Cups Milk
1 Garlic Clove Grated
½ Tsp Nutmeg
2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
2 Shallots Finely Chopped
50g Honey Glazed Ham Cut into Strips
2 Tbsp Semi Dried Tomatoes Chopped
1 ½ Cups Tasty Cheese Grated
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
3 Tbsp Danish Feta Crumbled
¼ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs (optional)
Salt and Pepper to season
1. In a medium saucepan fill with water 2/3 of the way add salt and olive oil and bring to boil over a med – high heat, add macaroni and cook until a little soft but still a bit firm as the pasta will finish cooking in the oven.
2. In a separate pot melt butter over a med – low heat, add flour and whisk it and remove from heat, put back over heat and add garlic keep whisking, once the garlic is aromatic slowly start adding milk bit by bit constantly whisking to get a smooth consistency.
3. Once the Bachamel sauce is smooth and creamy add nutmeg, Dijon and salt and pepper to taste, keep whisking for a further 2 minutes. Add shallots and 2/3 of Tasty Cheese and 2/3 of Parmesan Cheese and whisk until cheese has melted through and smooth.
4. Pre heat oven at 200 Degrees Celsius on bake, add Ham, Semi Sun Dried Tomatoes and Macaroni and stir to combine and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes over a low heat.
5. Transfer mixture to oven proof dish and top with remaining Tasty cheese, Parmesan Cheese and Danish Feta. Sprinkle over Panko Bread Crumbs if you like extra crunch. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup green lentils
4 chicken thighs
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes 440g
1 onion diced
2 celery sticks chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 leek chopped
1 garlic glove grated
1 bay leaf
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp cumin
Salt n pepper to season
Flat leaf parsley to serve
1. In a small pot of water add lentils and bring to boil, remove from heat. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil on a med low heat, add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add turmeric, cumin and bay leaf and cook until aromatic
3. Add chicken, stock, water, tomatoes, celery, carrot, leek and lentils and bring to boil. Reduce heat to med – low and cook for 35 – 45 minutes or until the lentils are soft and but a little firm to bite.
4. Remove chicken thighs from soup. Remove from bone and shred the chicken meat. Return chicken to pot and season with salt and pepper. Serve with torn flat leaf parsley
Serves 4-6 people
1.5 kg Pumpkin
1 large shallot or 2 small shallots
1 1/2 garlic cloves
2 tsp mild Indian curry powder
1 tsp Leaf masala ( or 1 tsp garam masala and a good pinch of chilli powder )
500ml Chicken stock
500ml Vegetable stock
1 Tbsp olive oil
Sour Cream ( To serve )
Chop Continental Parsley ( To serve )
Chop Red Chilli ( To serve )
1. Peel and deseed pumpkin and chop it into cubes.
2. Heat oil in large pot add onion. Cook onions until soft then add garlic and curry powders. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add pumpkin and stock. Bring to boil then turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and let the soup sit for 20 minutes. Use a stick blender to blitz soup. Garnish with sour cream, parsley and chilli
Serves: 4 people
500g Rump steak
4x Vietnamese Bread Rolls (or any medium sized bread rolls)
2 cups continental parsley
1/4 cup coriander
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked pepper
More salt if needed to balance
Method: To make the chimichurri sauce, put all ingredients in a bowl and use a stick blender. Blitz until you get a nice thick consistency.
1 egg (don’t use an egg with a broken yolk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 lime juice
1 tbsp pickled jalapeño
Good grind of salt and pepper
Method: To make the jalapeño mayo, put all ingredients into a jug and blitz with a stick blender until you get a nice thick consistency
1/4 cup of finally diced red onion
1/4 cup of finally diced red capsicum
1 tomato de seeded and diced
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
Good grind of salt
Method: To make the salsa criolla, put all ingredients into bowl and mix well.
1. Heat your frying pan over a high heat and add a tablespoon of good quality olive oil
2. Season both sides of the steak. Place the steak in the frying pan. Cook both sides for approx 2 1/2 minutes each.
3. Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes
4. Cut steak into thin slices and set aside
5. Cut your bread roll in the middle about halfway through
6. Generously smear some jalapeño mayo on one side of the roll
7. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of salsa to your roll
8. Next fill the bread roll with the slices of steak
9. Drizzle some chimichurri sauce on top.
This recipe makes 4 entree size portions or 2 main size portions
3 1/2 cups Chicken stock
1/2 cup White wine
2tbs Olive oil
1/2 White section of leek, thinly sliced
200g Button mushrooms, thinly sliced
250g Arborio rice
1tbs Parsley, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Add chicken stock and white wine in a medium sized pot, bring to boil then lower heat and simmer for 10mins. Remove from heat & set aside.
2. In a separate medium sized pot, heat oil and butter
3. Add leek and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add mushroom and cook for a further 5 mins
5. Add rice to pot and cook until its translucent
6. Add a 1/2 cup of stock mixture to pot and simmer until mixture has absorbed to rice,
7. Add remaining 1/2 cup of stock mixture to pot and stir constantly until all stock is absorbed into rice
8. Add parmesan and parsley to rice and mix through
9. Cook for a further 5-10 mins
Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan on top. Enjoy!